As part of Carolina Home Medical Equipment, we are the leading provider of breast pumps through insurance to expectant mothers in the Charlotte area. We are proud to partner with Medela and Spectra to offer our customers high-quality options along with many others for little to no out of pocket costs!
Spectra S1 Plus
For quiet, convenient pumping anytime or anywhere, the Spectra S1 Plus is an ideal option for expectant mothers seeking a breast pump through insurance. This is a closed-system pump that utilizes Backflow Protection technology to prevent milk from entering the pump’s tubing and keeping the milk uncontaminated. This pump also features Natural Nursing Technology, which is two-phase cycling with a:
- “Massage” Mode – a short, shallow setting that mimics a baby beginning to nurse to stimulate the let-down reflex.
- “Expression” Mode – a deeper, slower pattern that mimics how a baby nurses once milk begins to flow.
The Let-Down button allows you to toggle between Massage and Expression modes with ease, while adjustable suction settings in both Massage and Expression modes allow you to find the best settings to allow you to pump comfortably and efficiently.
The Spectra S1 Plus offers multiple features to ensure you can conveniently pump no matter the setting. As the pump can transition from a single or double pump, you can pump on one side while nursing your baby on the other, and the quiet motor plus a night-light mode ensures that pumping will never be disruptive. You can even pump on the go with both an AC adaptor and rechargeable internal battery.
The Spectra S1 Plus Includes:
- Spectra S1 Plus breast pump
- 1 rechargeable internal battery
- 1 AC adaptor
- 2 Backflow Protectors
- 2 24 mm flanges
- 2 28 mm flanges
- 2 valves
- 1 set of tubing
- 2 wide-neck, 5-ounce bottles with locking rings and discs
- Warranty: 90 days for parts; 2 years for motor
Medela Pump In Style Advanced
The Medela Pump in Style Advanced is the #1 Mom-Recommended insurance-supplied breast pump, and with good reason! Intended for women who pump several times a day, the double-electric Pump-in-Style Advanced supports comfortable, efficient pumping with a convenient design and features to help you express more milk in less time.
Their 2-Phase Expression® technology includes two unique settings:
- “Stimulation” phase – This phase mimics how a baby begins to nurse to stimulate the let-down reflex using quick, shallow suction motions.
- “Expression” phase – Once let-down occurs and milk begins flowing, this phase mimics how a baby nurses with slower, deeper suction
With a one-touch let-down button to easily shift from one phase to the other combined with adjustable vacuum settings, finding your most comfortable, effective pumping setting is easy!
This compact pump comes in a soft case that’s easy to carry and fits in a tote or Medela breast pump bag. Its discreet design, quiet operation, and battery power option means you can conveniently and comfortably pump at work, home, or on the go!
The Medela Pump in Style Advanced Set Includes:
- Pump In Style breast pump
- 1 battery pack (requires 8 AA batteries)
- 1 power adaptor
- 2 24mm PersonalFit™ breast shields (flanges)
- 2 27mm PersonalFit™ breast shields (flanges)
- 2 valves
- 2 membranes
- 1 set of complete tubing
- 2 5-ounce breastmilk bottles with lids
- Instructions for Use
- Warranty: 90 days for parts; 1 year for motor
Comparing Medela Pump in Style Advanced and Spectra S1 Plus
|Features||Medela Pump in Style Advanced||Spectra S1 Plus|
|Pumping Settings||2 Phase Expression®|
Stimulation & Expression
|2 Phase Cycling
Massage & Expression
|System Style||Open System||Closed System|
|Power||AC Adaptor||AC Adaptor|
|Battery Capability||8 AA Batteries (Not Included)||Rechargeable Internal Battery|
|Setting Adjustment||Single knob speed/vacuum setting adjustment||Adjustable speed and adjustable vacuum buttons|
|Motor Volume||46 decibels||45 decibels|
|Single Pump Capability||Yes||Yes|
Contact CHMEI Breast Pumps to Learn More!
CHMEI Breast Pumps is proud to partner with Spectra and Medela to offer their dependable, high-quality pumps to expectant mothers in the Charlotte area!
To learn more about the Medela Pump In Style Advanced, the Spectra S1 Plus and other options reach out to our customer service team today. We can answer any questions about these pumps, as well as walk you through how to get your breast pump through insurance. To get started, contact us at (704)846-7503 or fill out our contact form below.